This is a paper with instructor comments and corrections
embedded.Â The paper recieved an 18.56/20 and has the grading
rubric attached so that you may see what corrections should have
been made.Â The majority of the points deducted were careless
mechanical mistakes (I didn’t proof read before turning in, so
there are a few missed typos or mechanical errors.)
Option 1: Science of Stars Paper
- View the following interactive multimedia located in the
Student Resource section on the student website:
- The Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram self-guided tutorial
- Black Holes self-guided tutorial
- From Stars to Black Holes – Altering the Curvature of
Space-Time interactive figure
- Gravitational Time Dilation interactive figure
- Formation of an X-ray Binary interactive figure
- Prepare a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you discuss the
science of sunlight and stars. Include the following elements:
- Explain how astronomical instruments help astronomers determine
the composition, temperature, speed, and rotation rate of distant
- Explain the properties of stars in the diagram located in the
â€œWhat is a Hertzsprung-Russell diagram?â€ section in Ch. 15 of
The Cosmic Perspective.
- Summarize the complete lifecycle of the Sun, including its
nature and properties.
- Determine where the Sun is in its lifecycle.
- Cite at least two references.
- Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.